Solution 2.3 Wood Stove
Experience moments of pure happiness in the comfort of your own home with the enhanced performance of the Solution 2.3. Thanks to our state-of-the-art technology, the combustion process offers a high thermal output of 75,000 BTU/h and low emissions of 1.54 g/h. This model proves to be the key for the informed consumer for whom wood heating has no secrets as well as for the new owner wishing to explore the comfort of alternative heating. The size of the firebox permits the easy positioning of logs in both depth and width. Despite its size, the Solution 2.3 keeps a balanced design that gives it the look of a decorative appliance while providing powerful heating to the serious user.
Several versions of options are available to allow you to create a look that suits your needs. Choose from a black or silver-plated brushed door trim, a superb choice of legs, including two new models with a square and rounded design, a pedestal, a variable speed 130 CFM fan, or a heat exchanger. The new Solution 2.3 is the perfect balance between security, performance and comfort.
APPLIANCE PERFORMANCE (1)
|Fuel type :||Dry cordwood|
|Recommended heating area (ft²) : ()||500 to 2,100|
|Overall firebox volume :||2.4|
|Maximum burn time : ()||8 h|
|Maximum heat output (dry cordwood) : (2)||75,000 BTU/h (22.0 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate (min. to max.) : (2) (3)||14,800 BTU/h (4.34 kW) to 28,600 BTU/h (8.38 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (EPA cribs/Douglas fir) : (3)||N.A. (HHV) (4)||N.A. (LHV) (5)|
|Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) : (3)||69% (HHV) (4)||74% (LHV) (5)|
|Optimum efficiency : (6) (7)||77%|
|Average particulate emissions rate : (8)||1.54 g/h|
|Average CO : (9)||89.4 g/h|
(1) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(2) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(3) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(4) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(5) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(7) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(8) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(9) Carbon monoxyde.
|High-efficiency EPA certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Maximum log length||20″|
|Log positioning||Over width|
|Flue outlet diameter||6″|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||12′|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||Yes, with fresh air intake|
|Shipping Weight||375 lb (170 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||16 1/4″ X 8 3/4″|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Overall dimension (Height)||33 1/2″|
|Overall dimension (Width)||26″|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||25 7/8″|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||9 3/4″|
|Door opening – dimension (Width)||17 1/2″|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||11 7/8″|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||21″|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||16 1/2″|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|Model||Legs or pedestal|
|Steel thickness – body||3/16″|
|Steel thickness – top||3/8″|
|Easy-to-access ash drawer||Yes|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA Method 28|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC S627|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
|Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Single wall pipe||Double wall pipe||Single wall pipe||Double wall pipe|
|Clearance – back wall||14 ½”||6″||11″||6″|
|Clearance – placed in a corner||10″||7″||10″||7″|
|Clearance – side wall||17″||17″||16″||16″|
|Clearance – top (measured from the platform on which the appliance is installed)**||84″||84″||84″||84″|
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner’s manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.