Solution 2.3 Wood Insert
Designed to be a powerful unit, the Solution 2.3 insert offers a surprising quality of combustion. Every detail is thoughtfully planned to optimize its performance, which far exceeds the latest industry standards.
Many of its features are identical to its freestanding counterpart. Strategically positioned, a powerful heat-activated fan (144 CFM) allows an optimal redistribution of the heat produced by the firebox in the room. In addition, its design allows it to receive a faceplate whose dimensions can cover a masonry hearth with a maximum height of 32 inches and width of 50 inches. In terms of style, the Solution 2.3-I allows the user to match the door overlay to the faceplate trims, which are available in black or brushed nickel plated finishes. Designed for those looking for an eco-friendly and efficient stove; the best of both worlds!
APPLIANCE PERFORMANCE (1)
|Fuel type :||Dry cordwood|
|Recommended heating area (ft²) : ()||500 – 2,100|
|Overall firebox volume :||2.4|
|Maximum burn time : ()||8 h|
|Maximum heat output (dry cordwood) : (2)||75,000 BTU/h (22.0 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate (min. to max.) : (2) (3)||14,800 BTU/h (4.34 kW) to 28,600 BTU/h (8.38 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (EPA cribs/Douglas fir) : (3)||N.A. (HHV) (4)||N.A. (LHV) (5)|
|Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) : (3)||69 % (HHV) (4)||74 % (LHV) (5)|
|Optimum efficiency : (6) (7)||77 %|
|Average particulate emissions rate : (8)||1.54 g/h|
|Average CO : (9)||89.4 g/h|
(1) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(2) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(3) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(4) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(5) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(7) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(8) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(9) Carbon monoxyde.
|EPA loading volume (ft³)||1.69|
|High-efficiency EPA certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Maximum log length||20″|
|Log positioning||Over width|
|Flue outlet diameter||6″|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||12′|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||No|
|Shipping Weight||422 lb (191 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||16 1/4″ X 8 13/16″|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||144|
|Overall dimension (Height)||23″|
|Overall dimension (Width)||28 3/8″|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||26 5/8″|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||9″|
|Door opening – dimension (Width)||17 1/2″|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||11 7/8″|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||21″|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||16 1/2″|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|Steel thickness – body||3/16″|
|Steel thickness – top||5/16″|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Height)||23 5/16″|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Width)||28 7/8″|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Depth)||15 3/4″|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA Method 28|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC S628|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
|Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Clearance – combustible side mantle to unit||9″||9″|
|Clearance – combustible top mantle to unit||27″||27″|
|Clearance – combustible side wall to unit||16″||16″|
|Clearance – minimum floor protection in front of the appliance||18″||16″|
|Clearance – top shelf to unit||27″||27″|
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner’s manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).