Benefits of Pellet Stoves – 5 Things They Won’t Do for You
We often talk about all the things pellet stoves will do, but there are a few things you’ll be glad they don’t do as well. A pellet stove …
- Won’t Make a Mess. Harman pellet stoves and fireplace inserts burn so efficiently, there’s very little ash to clean up. Many models have automatic cleaning cycles that make maintenance even easier, and extra-large ash pans so you can burn nearly a ton of pellets before emptying is needed.
- Won’t Empty Your Wallet. If you heat with propane or fuel oil, switching to pellets for heating your home is a smart financial decision that will save you money. See for yourself with this simple and fast pellet fuel savings calculator.
- Won’t Take Up Your Time. Many Harman pellet stoves provide warmth for up to 24 hours on one hopper of pellets. Homeowners typically need to load pellets only once every day or two, which is as simple as pulling out the hopper and pouring the pellets in.
- Won’t Harm the Environment. Due to high burn efficiencies and the density of the fuel, pellet stoves and inserts have extremely low particulate emissions. Pellets are renewable fuel made from compacted sawdust, wood chips, bark and other organic waste. For all these reasons, heating with pellets in a high efficiency pellet stove produces less greenhouse gases than fossil fuel systems.
- Won’t Clash with Your Décor. Harman steel and cast iron pellet stoves are designed to fit seamlessly into any décor. You’ll have options for styles, colors, finishes and trim.
Perhaps this is why well over one million households in the U.S. are now heating with a pellet stove or insert.
It won’t be long before the furnaces come on and we start looking for ways to stay warm. Pellet stoves are The Heating Solution You Need to Know About Before this Winter.
[harmanstoves.com. (2015, September 9). Benefits of Pellet Stoves – 5 Things They Won’t Do for You [Blog post]. Retrieved from http://www.harmanstoves.com/Shopping-Tools/Blog/Benefits-of-Pellet-Stoves-5-Things-They-Will-Not-Do-for-You.aspx]